AMI info for the asset which includes power quality like voltage, current, active/reactive power and load profile data which provides detailed info on how electrical components are performing and which components are at risk.
Leveraging predictive analytics using this with info such as weather data help to identify over-utilized assets and respond quickly to prevent outages and improve asset life.
Some of the other benefits include but are not limited to:
- Reducing unplanned outages by predicting failures and replacing overloaded transformers before the onset of the peak-loading season.
- Informed and sound decision making to determine the load growth for any given transformer to decide whether to move a given customer from one transformer to another. This also helps with better asset utilization or rebalancing of the under-utilized and overloaded transformers
- Improving customer service and avoiding costly emergency/overtime work by replacing a large percentage of unplanned outage work effort with planned maintenance.
- Troubleshooting voltage problems by knowing the volt at each customer access point on the feeder.
- Scheduling maintenance and adjusting load based on accurate indications of conductor, sectionalized and regulator overload rather than estimates and periodic scheduling.